I just saw your post about wanting to get the Canon 60D. I recommend getting it at http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=3455 . They sell body only, and also single lens or twin lens kits :)
Last year, I bought my Canon Powershot G12 there and it was almost $300 cheaper than buying it in store.
Omg thank you so much! My friend advised me to buy it off eBay and I’ve had a few bad experiences with eBay so I was kinda iffy about it :/ I’ll defs check it out, thank you again!!!
30 Day: 30) What Changed This Month And What You Hope Will Happen Next Month
I guess my work ethic changed this month. Since I was employed not too long ago, I was so focused on the fact that I had to go to school 2 days a week and work for the rest of the week. That was a huge mistake, because it didn’t take long for me to realise how stressful my job is. I suppose there’s that saying like oh it’s not stressful unless you make it stressful, or whatever is applied. Which isn’t to say it’s not true, but it felt like hell going through those 2 weeks working 5 days a week. It stressed me out a lot and I don’t think I should put so much pressure on myself on such a regular basis.
I’ve learnt to appreciate money now. I was looking forward to my last 2 pay days quite a lot, and I’m quite proud that it took me 3 pay days until I finally decided to splurge on myself. 3 pay days equals 6 weeks. It just made me feel as though I have self-control, because knowing me I would’ve spent it in a heartbeat. But I held out long enough, and I was even able to help not only Mom out but also my family in Vietnam. I gave my grandpa AUD$1400 which was equivalent to VND$30mil, and if that doesn’t earn me the title of best granddaughter of all time, I don’t know what would (lol jk). I know money’s not everything but it felt good to give back to my Mom and family after all these years of looking out for me.
I’ve realised I should take better care of myself. I was so caught up in school and work, it gave me no time to eat and rest properly. My aunt told me off for being greedy and working 5 days a week cos I wanted to get money asap. She advised me to rest and give myself some time to hang out with friends and family, but I mean after 4 months of unemployment, the first thing you wanna do is get yourself wrapped up in work. That’s how I saw it and ultimately it affected my health.
I hope that I’ll be able to manage my time better within the next month. I’m very time conscious but because of exams coming up as well as work, it’s gonna be a bit of a handful cos I need to remember to set some time aside to be with friends and family. I hope I’ll be able to have enough money to buy a Canon 60D, to have enough money put aside for my end of year trip to the US and to continue being happy and healthy.
I only have one sibling. An older brother, we have an 11-year age gap. A lot of my friends ask me if we’re close cos the age gap is pretty huge and yes, we are close! We’re very close, almost as if we’re of the same age or just a few years apart (I guess you can argue that either I’m really mature or he’s plain immature but that’s so obvious).
I don’t mean to be corny or sappy or anything like that, but I consider my brother to be a hero. He’s done so much for me, sacrificed and looked out for me more than I could ever ask for. I guess it’s part of being an older sibling/brother, but he goes beyond what he should do. And I really appreciate that we’re close but there are certain topics that we don’t talk about, either because they’re awkward/embarrassing e.g. relationships or other really taboo/sensitive topics. He’s saved my life so many times.. Some of which weren’t even worth saving. I’ve done so many stupid things that could’ve ultimately resulted in me not existing anymore but it surprises me how much he wants me to continue living, more than I wanted to live myself…. He’s that pair of eyes and ears that you always seek after a long day or whenever you feel sad or upset or that you just wanna talk to someone. I guess that’s what being a brother is all about and it’s a bit sad how I can’t express my gratitude and love as much towards him since that’s how we were both raised.
I’m Buddhist and very proud to be one. I love learning about my religion, though I must admit I know more about Christianity and Catholicism more than I know about Buddhism (I went to Catholic schools for both elementary and secondary), so it does make me a bit sad that that’s the truth. I enjoy going to the temple to pray, temples are probably the only place that can put my mind at complete ease. I feel so peaceful and calm. Despite the somewhat strenuous rituals when praying (kneeling and bowing for hours on end), I couldn’t be any happier to be a Buddhist because I love learning about Siddhartha, practicing the rituals and the religion as a whole. I love how my mom raised me to be a Buddhist (Dad’s an Agnostic) and I couldn’t thank her enough for that. Oh, and I’m a big, big believer in the afterlife and reincarnation.
Not one of those friendly hugs that are given out everyday. I want one of those long hugs where a person hugs you because you are down. Those hugs in which, you don’t need to do anything and they’d give you one of the tightest hugs ever. The ones that couples normally give when they haven’t seen each other a long time.
30 Day: 24) Things You Want To Say To 5 Different People
1) I don’t know why I did it, but I was certain that I wasn’t ready to leave this place just yet.
2) I want to move away and never come back here ever. Goodbye.
3) Even though I haven’t seen you in almost a year despite the fact that we still talk, I’m glad that we still connect and that there’s a sense of closeness(?) between us. You keep on saying I’m a good friend of yours, and I’m afraid I don’t show you how much I genuinely appreciate our friendship enough regardless of how much it has gone through. I hope we’ll be friends for a very long time.
4) You’re so far yet so near. You and the idea of moving over there are the only sources of motivation that I’ll have for the next 1.5 years. Thank you for putting up with me. You don’t know how much I love you.
5) Sometimes I wish I could still turn to you for a hug, especially whenever I was feeling stressed or sad. Your hugs were the best. I felt so safe in your arms.
30 Day: 22) 10 Things About You That People Don't Expect
1) That I’m not an only child 2) That I’m left handed 3) That I have a really good memory 4) That I’m a gamer 5) That I prefer heels than flats even though I’m quite tall 6) That I’m double jointed in a really weird place 7) That I used to be hella athletic 8) That I’m lactose intolerant 9) That I’m crazy and totally the opposite of how I usually am when I consume alcohol. Like, they’re both extremes on the personality/character spectrum, you wouldn’t expect it all. 10) That I can talk for long amounts of time. This is probably #1 out of these 10, haha.
I’ve done it. And I’m not proud of it. If I could take it back hell yeah I would! In a heartbeat. That being said, I appreciate them more and more as each day passes. You only get one set of biological parents after all. I guess you hit a point in your life where you truly realise how much they’ve done for you, to become a good person, to be well-mannered, to love and not hate, to be healthy and strong but most of all to be happy. To be honest I haven’t gotten to that point yet, but I’ve already started seeing it.
30 Day: 16) 3 Things You Are Proud Of About Your Personality
1) I’m always, always loyal. I put my friends and family before me and will never go behind their back. 2) I don’t believe in regrets or grudges. I stress myself out enough. Looking back on something you wished you had done is just a waste of time. Having a grudge against someone is just a waste of breath. Life is more productive than that! 3) I’m easily amused. I can pick myself up easily if I’ve gone through a shit day by just watching random clips on YouTube. And I’m very good at cheering others up, because it sucks seeing your friends sad!
30 Day: 15) The Best Thing To Happen To You This Week
I guess getting paid. I finally have 4 digits in my bank account again! Yayyyyyy. I love pay day. But I’m planning to save up, despite seeing this AMAAAAZING Emporio handbag at Chadstone mall a few weeks ago. $800. To buy or not to buy? :(